Saturday, December 01, 2007

Denver's Parade of Lights

I went to Denver's Parade of Lights last night...nothing like freezing cold weather, high school marching bands, a hot cup of hot chocolate, large inflatable penguins, and pooper scoopers to put you in the Christmas spirit!

Libby and I were scared of something here...maybe the Grinch?



Eric is practicing to be in the parade for next year...

Nate and Libby...in front of the float with Baby Jesus!

HARK!!!

Apparently I thought this was the parade for the fourth of July and I needed to say the pledge of allegiance...weird

This is the back of the inflatable penguin, yeah, we're still excited!

And of course...SANTA!






5 comments:

Tiffani P said...

Dear Missy,
I miss you. Can you come back to Waco? This semester was hard, so I cannot imagine what the spring will be like! Seriously... come back.
Also, I think your photos are hilarious (as expected) and the annual Cohort Christmas party is coming up. Its "Come as you want" - either tacky, casual, fancy, etc. And your kitten batting ornament vest is AWOL! We are going to carol at all the professor's houses. Yes. I think we might sing "Christmas is a feeling in you heart" at you know who's.

Hope you are well. Love you! Tiff

Anonymous said...

"I pledge allegience..." ha ha!!! oh man that's too funny! You almost look scared in that picture. I bet a lot of people stopped watching the parade to start watching you and your friends. =)
Hey you are invited to our christmas party on Dec. 16th from 7-11pm if you aren't busy....and happen to be in Oregon. =)
Loves,
Lissa

The Butlers said...

Only a girl who LOVES the Star-Spangled Banner would be crossing her heart during a Winter Parade of Lights. I can see the passion in your eyes...and maybe a tear.

Anonymous said...

In response your God's country comment on our blog:

You silly little hobbit, Missy. So easily confused by the influence of your inferior environment. I will ask God to pardon you the next time I'm home. Forgive her she knows not what she's done.

Did I cross a line there? Probably...

Anonymous said...

God's country continue...

Colorado + Missy = Shire
Montana and Montana alone = God's Country

Yes, Missy I agree with your math. You see Colorado is beautiful much like the shire. Montana though is really in a category unto itself. While both are beautiful one is more like a love little paint by numbers and the other something more along the lines of Monet. Do we need to utilize anymore metaphors here... I'm getting tired.

Ok I give... Colorado is great, but Montana will always be "the last best place" in my heart (taken from the state board of tourism).