Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break to Minnesota


I took a road trip to Minnesota with some of my family for spring break. We went to help celebrate my grandma's 101st birthday! Here are some fun pics from the trip (and I'll try and get a video posted too!):


The Corn Palace:
There really isn't anything better to do on a road trip through Nebraska then to stop at the ONLY CORN PALACE in the world! (I know, I couldn't believe it either!)


That's right, they change it every year, and it is all made of corn!



Wow...12 different colors!?!?



I couldn't believe it either.



I also couldn't believe that the mascot for the town's high school was the kernals...really? Yes!



Grandma Cora's 101st Birthday!


Grandma's three girls!



She was singin' along with some old hymns on the violin!

Stayin' active!

A pretty incredible woman! She is doing so great for 101!

2 comments:

Randy y Dani said...

No question about it, Grandma is an incredible woman. I can't wait to see her!

And my question, kind of related to the Corn Palace... but with a Texan twist that probably only Missy can understand... my question is why, when you cross a rabbit with an antelope you end up with a rabbit looking animal that has antlers of a deer? Maybe it runs like an antelope, and that is the trait it inherits from its antelope genes. I don't know.

The Butlers said...

I think you are faking it in that Corn Palace picture.