Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Joy

I have had an overwhelming sense of excitement and joy the past few days. Now, I do get excited about some ridiculous things, like manatees and different seasons and living in Colorado...which of course, are all ligitimate things to be excited about, but this time it is something different...something better! :)

This time, my joy is found in a church I have been attending. Sounds really cheesy, I know. But, I feel like I have found a church that I really resonate with in several different ways. First of all, it is a church that is not ashamed to be what it is...a church that is not afraid to talk about the Gospel, and that Jesus can change your life. It does not try to "hook" people into being a Christian, doesn't use lights and smoke to be more relevant to its audience.

Second, it is a place that I have begun to find community. Community based around honestly seeking and searching to know what it means to be a follower of Christ. Not a community that tries to look a certain way, or to act like the best Christians, but a community that allows for doubts and questions, even stupid questions at that! A community that is embracing and welcoming on more than just the first week.

I don't even know what else to say, but if you are looking for a church in Denver, City Presbyterian Church might be a good place to start!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Missy....it has taken all restraint within myself to not make a paper chain for your arrival!! I'm SOOO excited to have you here!! And I am starting to feel better, so hopefully our dreams of going through a corn maze will come true!

Randy y Dani said...

I think this is just great. I´m mentoring Ramiro, and we are going through Purpose Driven Life and the part about community has made me realize I´m without that. But I´m looking, and I hope to find a church like what you´ve found.

By the way, not cheesy. An honest community where they are not ashamed to share Christ and a place where you are challenged to grow... that is Jesus´ bride. He loves that... so much as to shed His blood. Not cheesy. Sounds to me like gozo verdadero.

Can´t wait to see you in 18 days!